3 weeks holiday

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, I am going on holiday on the 9th of September for 3 weeks on a USA road trip. I have asked my local pond/fish shop what is the best care option and he advised leaving the fish unattended and fed for the duration of my trip. Can this be correct or would you good people suggest any other plan of care. Many regards

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Meyer I still have six healthy fish they all seem happy and are growing at a steady rate. I have some algae growth which is confined to the roots of my rushes on a shelf. I don't remove this as part of my weekly routine it just seems to take care of itself. Weekly I remove leave debris and preform a 5/10 % water change.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Your fish should be OK while you are gone providing you can rely on someone checking periodically to make sure that your pond still has water flow or your pond has not developed a leak. Only you can determine if your filters will run for a 3 week period without cleaning.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Enjoy your vacation, and good luck with your fish! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks Gemma can't wait. Fingers crossed in the fish
I think your fish will be fine for 3 weeks, but if you're worried, you could ask someone ( neighbor, friend...) to stop by your place and check on your pond :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Not to scare you, but our last USA road trip involved a pond running dry and a cat going on a hunger strike.

However, from the looks of your pond I won't worry at all.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I leave mine for many weeks without issues. The fish do fine. Main issue would be a leak.

Ask a Question