A Plumbing Parts Question.....what is it?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was wondering if such a part/fitting exists for use with regular PVC and what it's called.
I don't know what to call it, so I'll try to describe it.....

Threaded (female), free-spinning connector -- like the end of a water hose where you can screw 2 sections together by turning this piece instead of having to turn the entire hose. For example, you have 2 lengths of PVC pipe that you want to connect with threaded connectors instead of slip connectors, but to screw them together (or unscrew them) means you have to rotate one length of the PVC pipe which will mess up whatever is on the opposite end......

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I quit using compression fitting a few years ago. In some case they do work to help fix a particular issue but I have had one blow apart under pressure after it had been installed for a couple of years and went through heat and cold a few times. Low pressure not as bad as higher pressure. IMO the o-ring quick disconnect union is a better and easier to install application.

Ask a Question