A video for you to "listen to" -- nocturnal Mocking Bird calling for a girlfriend.....

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I hope this works. I couldn't post my video via iPad directly to GPF, but was just glancing at the "feedback" section and saw something about posting a link from FaceBook. I apologize for all the "FaceBooky" stuff on the page, but focus on the audio part of the video. And you'll need your volume turned on, or course. It's only about 39 seconds long. This was from inside my tent.

This past weekend was a Boy Scout campout, and apparently a full-ish moon. There was a mocking bird that decided my camp site was his audience. For the 2 nights we camped, this guy just sang his heart out. From about 10pm to 4am -- and I swear he stayed within 10 feet of my tent the entire time! I LOVE birds, but boy was I thinking about Harper Lee's book title after about an hour of this guy. On the 2nd night I plugged in my noise cancelling ear buds and listened to the Beatles.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have a lot of mocking birds here and they can be really annoying. I had one that used to follow me around the yard all day and would even follow the car if I went out. I named him Ramone! They really don't seem to be fearful of people.

Ask a Question