Adding onto existing pond

Reaction score
Has anyone here added onto an existing liner constructed pond? I am considering adding onto mine since my original pond,although certainly big enough(14 x 9 x 2.5ft.) is shallower then first expected. Yes I know how could I have messed that up. Here's how. I wanted a 3 ft deep pond so I dug from the surface down 3 ft. Well I should of taken into account the thickness of the underliner, and liner(although minimal as they are) plus the rock ledge which for obvious reasons couldn't be filled to the very top and gig down 3.5ft.

There are professional ponds in my area shallower then mine which keep Koi year round so I'm not too concerned that mine's not deep enough. For me it's just a matter of preference and the boy in me that wants a bigger and Deeper pond:)

Any thoughts on how to connect two liners together and keep them water tight would be great!! Plus any extra info on adding on as well!! .

Thanks!

Reaction score
Well u can get a seam kit and add some more liner. With that being said. I have seamed liners together with no problems YET. But I would not advise seaming a new liner to a used liner. You would b better off just buying a new liner and use ur old liner for a under layment.

Ask a Question