sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What a cheap way to make an air diffuser I have pieces of the epdm that was ruined last year by moles.This has to be the best and cheapest idea ever

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I figure if you put stones in the plastic thing it would hold it down to the bottom .I have some of the parts and just looked at lowes and think I found the plastic bottom thing

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was thinking you could use any kind of shallow heavy duty container That is not to big

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had to add this to my list of ideas .It is an over the door shoe holder now pond supply holder for over the back of the basement door.Handy and will be easy to find everything i need sorry pic is side ways .But what a handy idea for something i had extra laying around unused

Attachments

• pond supply holder 022.JPG
    pond supply holder 022.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 191

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just a hint I have this hanging in my pantry also .Cleaning supplies at the bottom ,sponges and dishcloth 's and then ziplock bags and foil and plastic wrap and top ones hold those often used things from my pantry that used to get hidden on the back of the shelves.In the bathroom closet shoes and then soaps ,shampoos and other bathroom cleaning stuff in the bottom holders handy and does not clutter the drawers and under cabinet of my sinks .Hubby likes it because his shaving stuff can be found and all his personal products are easy to find .Wash cloths go in there also .He does not need me to go in and find his stuff

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What neat ideas! Yes, I would also prefer to have my diffuser weighted instead of attached.

I saw this idea on Pinterest, using the over-door shoe pockets, very similar to what you've done: use the pockets to hold all the zillions of sports bottles we seem to accumulate. The bottles take up way too much shelf space, but I hate to get rid of them... Works great! The possibilities are endless!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pretty cool ideas! Wonder how big the holes have to be in the liner?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That was one of those wire holder staples with the plastic on it ,so looks like not to big

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
so far this is it .It was a 1/4 inch adapter with the hole being a 1/2 hole saw bit and the end cap is a 4 inch one .I got these pieces so they would fit my airlines i have now.You need channel locks or something since it goes in the hole tight .I figure this way it needs no sealant .I used a little cooking spray to make it easier also .Next is poking little holes in rubber

Attachments

• air diffuser 004.JPG
    air diffuser 004.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 216
  • air diffuser 008.JPG
    air diffuser 008.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 190
  • air diffuser 009.JPG
    air diffuser 009.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 189
  • air diffuser 001.JPG
    air diffuser 001.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 216

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I didn't drop it to the bottom .I put a rock inside and then put the rubber in a pan of hot water from the tap to soften it up and then put the clamp on and tried a safety pin and holes were to small so tried a paneling nail and i think that is the right size .I think I have to put a small clamp on the air line because the weight with the rock in it wants to pull the air line off .Maybe a zip tie not sure .it is just to windy out today to try it

Attachments

• air difusser 005.JPG
    air difusser 005.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 163
  • air difusser 009.JPG
    air difusser 009.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 168
  • air difusser 001.JPG
    air difusser 001.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 208
  • air difusser 010.JPG
    air difusser 010.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 169

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks darn easy when you show it. Now the holes might be kind of tricky...................I was just posting this when your above post popped up. Show the nail you used next to a dime or other coin for comparison. Are you happy w/the bubbles?

Ask a Question