Ah Utter bliss

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
At last today for the first time this year it was warm enough to take off the covers for the very first time:).
It was also warm enough to spend the afternoon by the pond with the bnet off (which has been removed for cleaning).
The pond has been at a steady 11.9cfor the last week so we even sparingly fed the koi small handfuls of food every few hours or so .
Obviously the covers will go back on again at night but now we know we are gong in the right direction for spring now:)
As to the condition of our koi I anm very pleased to announce that they came through in tip top condition thanxto the maintenance routine put in place throughout the winter months .

Dave ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Nice to hear Dave.
I'm looking forward to seeing my fish again too, but it won't be for a couple more months at least I'm afraid.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very good news Dave! There was a light at the end of the tunnel after all and glad to hear you can see it now. We were all beginning to wonder if you were doomed forever to be blown to kingdom come w/all those nasty storms

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
it was magical it really was , for a good few hours his afternoon we sat by the pond with all our worries near past and present where brushed aside , ss we maveled at the beauty that man can create when he puts his mind to it in our koi :).
Even our milkman who was collecting his money spent five minutes by the pond (he keeps koi and goldfish) comenting on how good a condiion the came through in and what he had planned for his own pond this year:) whilst we gave him some pointers .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hand on heart Maria I wish you good weather , I think however we Brits deserve this welcome break in the awful weather weve been suffering of late , we are still either draining off or patching up in the UK with the Somerset levels still underwater I may add....:(

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
oh joy the temperature otside today was a steamy 15.5c :) ......... so off came the covers again and Val and I spent another lovely day outside by the pond whilst I did the weekly filter maintenance and water change .
The koi spent a blisful day in the sunshine soaking up much needed sun bourne vitamins as did we.
They also munched happily away on Garlic and Wheatgerm pellets , hopefully it'll be a nice snday outside tomorrow, I know I know but after the weather weve had why waste it eh ? :)

Dave :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You snooze you lose so use it all while you can Dave............glad it is being nice to you now

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
He ,he it's 10:10 and our weather station is already giving us a readout of 14c which is set to go up still further. So it looks like its going to be yet another beautiful day outside by the pond .
Getting a few light chores done around the pnd area at the same time me thinks;)
I t also looks as if mother nature isnt wasting her time either as the pring plants are starting to bloom and the cats paws are out on our willow .:)

Dave :)

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are bouncing between days of 50f and days of 30 f with some possible snow coming. We head home tuesday..........leaving 80 it will be 30 the day we arrive lol

Glad you are getting some nice weather Dave enjoy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yet another lovely day by the pond with the temperature peakng at 16c ( our back garden is like a sun trap , infact I can feel on my face and arms that they got sunburned.
The koi are lapping up the treatment they ar getting from the sun plus all the vitanmins gained by it .
Sadly:( it looks like more rain again tomorrow which will put up the kybosh on sitting by the pond again .
Dave

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh well think of it as a fresh filling of the pond water as some must have evaporated from all your sunshine during the past few days. Then it can go back to warmth and sun again for you :happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
j.w. you will nver guess wehee I'm posting this eply from :) ....give in ?.... well it has a pond in it and koi in that pond, I've even put the Parasol up to shade the pond from the sun and it is 16.c out the back how cool is that?
It gets better it seems god has had a re-think nd said hell I gave those people in the South West really crappy weather so I think this whole week I'll make it up to them .
However it seems the storms took away half a tree at the top of the garden so the rest is going to have to come down sadly as it appears to be rotten:(
I only noticed it when our next door neighbour pointed it out yesterday

Dave

Ask a Question