Aluminium microscope case

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
If you own a microscope and have learned to give scrapes but dont have an aluminium carrying case to hold it safely in check this out..
We bought this from amazon the other day total cost £38.00 its an apex microscope case.:-

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...alias=aps&field-keywords=apex microscope case

Though our own microscope is a bresser and is smaller than the apex microsope as you can see it all fits nicely .
It holds everything from the microscope, lenses, blank slides slide covers, slide boxs , mains adaptor , occular etc
A bargain at that price and a peace of mind knowing you can safely transport it from the home to your pond or even ponds of like minded friends who cant do scrapes

Microscope case.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dave, I just recently bought a microscope and haven't even had a chance to use it yet (in fact I didn't even put it together yet) I was planning on putting it together and just putting a cover over it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I've misplaced my cover, so I probably would do well to have a case.....
They are well worth a buy Maggie especially for me as I have to go up steps using sticks so at least now I can go up and down with one stick and be hold of the case in the other hand it being light weight being light.
The big plus though is that I have everything I need in one space, should I wish to up the magnification or record a video via the occular.
Its all done in one trip then I can concentrate on running the extension lead up to it .
It was a bit of a juggling match to say the very least before with the fear of dropping the box it was in because it didnt have anything in th way of a handle
They may even be on offer over your side of the pond

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dave, I just recently bought a microscope and haven't even had a chance to use it yet (in fact I didn't even put it together yet) I was planning on putting it together and just putting a cover over it.
I've misplaced my cover, so I probably would do well to have a case.....
@Mmathis @bettasngoldfish Can you guys post photos of your own microscopes to show other members the range of different microscopes we can buy and use.
Perhaps we can start a thread about which mirscopes people own seperate from this thread ?
Our dream is to one day upgrade to a double scoped former Hospital one which come on the market from time to time. but at £300+UK a shot they are rather expensive to buy as you can see but it would be worth it for the magnification you can get on them .
For now our Trusty Bresser NG x40 - x 1024 will do :happy:
Another tool you can use which we have to inspect closely our koi's kills when anethatized is these handy bits of kit :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Opticron-10...1_124?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1411217081&sr=1-124

Illuminated LED magnifying glass, "the one we own is similar but larger to this with a total of 8 LED lights", bought for us by Val;s Cousin Maggie and her husband Glenn who are also koi keepers and members of our club, its a very cool bit of kit and comes in its own case :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vktech-6-LE...-44&keywords=illuminated+LED+magnifying+glass

You may find this very useful for insecting the fish close up looking for any parasites that are just visible to us such as the Argulus

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a look Maria , the answer is no you didnt but no worries :happy:

Dave

Ask a Question