Backwashing help on Pondmaster Clearguard UV 8000

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Im getting mixed reviews. Directions say to remove foam filter pads before backwashing and a few different pond store owners say thats not necessary. Obviously someone on here is going to say follow the directions of the filter. Thats a given....BUT several experienced pond owners are telling me differently and its a pain in the neck to get to the filters just to backwash so if I dont have to Id like to lean towards not. I am not lazy and would take the filters out but if its generally not necessary id rather not keep opening and closing plastic and rubber parts so they wear out faster. Any experienced insight (not an obvious opinion telling me to follow the directions) will be extremely appreciated...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my no good name one ,I just backwash it with the filters in it .Free but after 6 back washings a week the inside smelled like a sewer but it is just for the stock tank .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
I just backwashed today with the pads in. The amount of crud that came out was incredible. Now the return back to the pond through my homemade forever spill urn has its power back. The return pressure wasn't so good before backwashing

Ask a Question