Best pins or begs to hold down liner

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
We will pull back the liner on the rebuilt side of the pond then pin it to the ground about a foot or so from the pond's edge. This pulled back liner will be coated with clear roofing adhesive all the way to just below the water. The newly applied clear adhesive will be covered with a variety of pebbles, river rock and rubber mulch. Please recommend the best type of pins or pegs we use to hold the liner in place over the earthen shore.

Thank you.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Try these, there is another I have used, looking for them brb

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-M...ipEdge-Brand-Products-25-Pack-11125/202815091

469ee73b-ae74-4bdc-acfd-00b8720a6bc8_400.jpg

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
We will pull back the liner on the rebuilt side of the pond then pin it to the ground about a foot or so from the pond's edge. This pulled back liner will be coated with clear roofing adhesive all the way to just below the water. The newly applied clear adhesive will be covered with a variety of pebbles, river rock and rubber mulch. Please recommend the best type of pins or pegs we use to hold the liner in place over the earthen shore.

Thank you.
I would be interested to see how well this adhesive holds up over time. Especially that portion that is always submerged.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
yup, sod staples are effective, I turn the sharp ends back with pliers so there is no sharp point to ding the liner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I don't push them through the liner I use them like a clothes peg, one end goes in the ground, the other holds the liner down. The steel pins are good for two years before they rust. Nice thing is, if you get ground movement behind the liner you can slip the liner out and get behind the liner

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Not much. It is very easy for the sharp pointed ends to go through a liner, so I turn the pointy part back

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used them stuck through the liner (way above water level) to hold the liner where I wanted it to stay. Excess edge

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If that part of the liner you are going to stick those pins through is never going to be under water, who cares if there is a hole in it? I would think they would work very well if you have nice compact ground and if it slips sometime just pull the liner edge up w/the pin still in it and adjust to the ground again and hammer down. Stainless steel would be nice but maybe pricey or maybe they don't make them.

Ask a Question