Big Lou is not as big........

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
About four or so months ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. At that time my A1C level was much, much too high. My dear family GP sat with me and outlined a new diet while also perscribing the latest type 2 med. The max A1C level for me was set at 7. Within one month it had dropped to 6.4 due to my med and new diet I was also losing weight. Another month saw my A1C drop even lower with more weight loss. Doc was soo proud as was Cathy and family. Fast forward to today. A1C still great and.........I've lost 48 pounds thanks to my dedication to a healthy diet. No fade diets simply did what doc told me to do.

I'm still Big Lou cause there's more weight to be lost. One day though I'll be just plain ol' Lou. Thank you Lord for always watching over me. :smug:

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great job and keep it up .That healthier life style will make you feel lots better

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Clapping.gif
Clapping.gif
Yeah Lou!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We use the diabetic plate method, brought my honey's sugars down to almost normal. A balanced diet of carbs, protein, veggies, fruits.
Still have sweets, breads etc, but he is just borderline.

Glad it is working for you Lou

TgM

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6a
Country
United States
Congrats!

It is a life changing experience.

In 9 days it will be my oldest daughters (13) year anniversary of being diagnosed with type 1. It changes your life style a bit to say the least.

Reaction score
Congratz Lou! It's a very hard road, wait loss. Great job!
@TgM, it most certainly does change your lifestyle alot :)
My oldest boy was 15 when he started taking insulin, does your daughter do carb to insulin ratio? Jon (my son) has found it has been much easier to keep tighter control of his blood sugar. I am so proud of him, because he could have rebelled and it just could have been a disaster. It's very hard for children to deal with the changes, Hell its hard for adults lol. He will be 19 in November, he has owned his disease and lost 80 lbs by doing Muay Thai and eating right.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good work Lou and hope you can continue on this good eating path. I don't have diabetes but I am trying to eat healthier.

Ask a Question