Bio pool!

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Watching Netflix, Extreme homes. This guy has a swimming pool that's filtered by the plants around it. "the water is fantastically clean, like swimming in a mountain stream" . Said the owner. I found it interesting but that's about all that was said on the program.The one thing I hate about swimming in a pool is the treatments they use. We swim at the lake.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting....

I used to swim in Lake Erie when I was younger but you wouldn't catch me going in it now. I feel like it has too many germs. Plus I don't like not being able to see what is at the bottom :cautious: a swimming pool is another thing though. I like the idea that it has been "cleaned" with chemicals lol

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Watching Netflix, Extreme homes. This guy has a swimming pool that's filtered by the plants around it. "the water is fantastically clean, like swimming in a mountain stream" . Said the owner. I found it interesting but that's about all that was said on the program.The one thing I hate about swimming in a pool is the treatments they use. We swim at the lake.
I saw a program about off the grid homes that filter all the waste water using plants.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Interesting....

I used to swim in Lake Erie when I was younger but you wouldn't catch me going in it now. I feel like it has too many germs. Plus I don't like not being able to see what is at the bottom :cautious: a swimming pool is another thing though. I like the idea that it has been "cleaned" with chemicals lol
Whenever I go to the pool and see the other people :droid::beaver::oldman::alien::devil::jimlad::poop::sick::vulcan::vomit::cow::zombie::drowning::cyclops: who are in it I am actually thankful they put some chemicals in it :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting....

Swimming pools @bettasangoldfish yuk no !!!! you never know oif anyone has pee'd in a a swimming pool :cautious:.
It seems nowhere is clean to swim nowadays nothing worse than swimming in the sea and being chased by Admiral Brown:poop:

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I watched the extreme homes and pools shows and they are something .The one guy had a moat around his house but down side was his electric bill was over 12 thousand a month to run the house .He was selling and have wondered if he ever sold it .These days more and more swimming pool contractors are putting in salt pools instead of the chemical pools .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The water may be clear, but is it clean. That is very doubtful. Plants do wonders in filtering water of chemical pollutants, but are of little or no value in controlling aquatic pathogenic organisms.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
The water may be clear, but is it clean. That is very doubtful. Plants do wonders in filtering water of chemical pollutants, but are of little or no value in controlling aquatic pathogenic organisms.
I agree, my pond is crystal clear most of the time but you could not pay me enough to get in and swim. The fact that my ponds house aquatic turtles also means an almost 100% chance of salmonella & hepatitis being present in the water. There are probably hundreds of other harmful things in the water that will make you sick or even kill you. I also take into account that the turtles urinate & :poop: in the water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, my pond is crystal clear most of the time but you could not pay me enough to get in and swim. The fact that my ponds house aquatic turtles also means an almost 100% chance of salmonella & hepatitis being present in the water. There are probably hundreds of other harmful things in the water that will make you sick or even kill you. I also take into account that the turtles urinate & :poop: in the water.
So true my friend so true , you'd be suprised just what we can catch from our respected hobbies I know of at least six zoonosis or species jumping problems like your turtles have .
Mind even though I have shoulder high plastic gloves it doesnt mean I use them , my reconing would be this , "if I've not caught anything in the last 29 years I doubt I will now ....

Dave

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
It's a personal pool, you got a one rich guy swimming once in awhile. If there were a few kids swimming, hmmm:unsure:
Season 1 episode 5. It's the last feature.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
It's a personal pool, you got a one rich guy swimming once in awhile. If there were a few kids swimming, hmmm:unsure:
Season 1 episode 5. It's the last feature.
Rich people have more money than they do brain cells huh? :D

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
One rich guy with less than ideal personal hygiene can quickly populate a pool with a wide assortment of undesirable critters.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
One rich guy with less than ideal personal hygiene can quickly populate a pool with a wide assortment of undesirable critters.
And only the most exotic and rare forms of germs and bacteria are good enough to infest on a rich guy. The regular things that infect us normal people who ain't rich and that can be killed by antibiotics and chemicals are not good enough for the rich guy. The stuff he has is high quality and no antibiotic can destroy that kind of stuff. :ROFLMAO:
evilgerm1.jpg

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Ha, any germs coming my way have dig thru that first couple layers of filth:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Here's my swimming hole.
159.JPG
043.JPG
057.JPG

Ask a Question