Box Turtle Camo -- can you find him?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This is just for fun! I was out, doing a LOT of work on the pump and various tubing connections to the turtle bog this afternoon. One of the things I wanted to do was drill holes [of the 2-1/2" diameter variety] in the two walls of turtle fencing -- to run the bog tubing through instead of having it draped over the fences.

Getting ready to start work, and what did I see? Draco [one of my boys] had buried himself in some leaves, RIGHT where I needed to work! I'm good at spotting those little heads, so I saw him and moved him to a safer area. Silly turtle, LOL!

Can you find him?
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Same here Maggie until Z man pointed him out I couldnt see him nor Val :LOL:

Dave

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Glad you guys got a chuckle! I was just talking to Hubby a few days prior to this. I was explaining how well the boxies coloring lets them blend in, and was telling him very specifically about how good I have gotten at spotting "turtle heads." And it's almost like you have that feeling that you're being watched. Because you are! So as soon as I spotted Draco, I had to take this picture and I texted it to him. I sent him the close-up one, though, 'cause he was at work and I knew he wouldn't even try to find the turtle -- too busy to play the game, LOL! But it did get my point across.

BTW, all of my turtles have a splotch of paint on their shells. Each turtle is color-coded so I can tell them apart. Sometimes, when a turt is walking among the brush or leaves, it's that color that catches my eye. Good thing I'm not a predator, LOL! Draco is "green," though you can't see it in the "camo" picture. So here's one where you can see him......

image.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And now it's Morgan's turn to hide! He's enjoying a soak on a warm, but overcast morning. I think he really thought I didn't see him :)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Ask a Question