Bye Bye Tree

Reaction score
Northern Germany 10kms from Danish border
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0049.JPG

Hi
thought I would post these photos because the large chestnut tree behind the shed is coming down over the weekend.
This is not because we dislike the tree, far from it. It looks OK in the photo but closeup it has a serious desease and the
trunk is splitting. If we get a bad storm it could be blown down.
It will obviously help the pond leaves ect.
Hope you all like our efforts of our first pond build.
More to come.
TimC

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Wow it's beautiful. What a shame that the tree has to come down. I hope they don't do any damage when it comes out since the yard and pond look wonderful. You'll have to be sure and post the "after" pictures.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Too bad about that beauty of a tree having to be removed. I would cry! You have such a lovely setting there w/ that nice big lovely pond and that cute little bungalow sitting right next to it. One thing positive tho that you mentioned is yep you won't miss those falling leaves. Will you be planting something else in it's place?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What a lovely setting! It's too bad that sometimes our trees get sick, too. We just had 2 cut down and I felt guilty about it (even though one of them was already dead....).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Very pretty pond. Love all the color and the little house. That is a beauty of a tree too bad it has to come down.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful setting! and pond. I would make sure to cover the pond completely while they are taking the tree down, Keep all the flying wood out of it.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Beautiful setting! and pond. I would make sure to cover the pond completely while they are taking the tree down, Keep all the flying wood out of it.
Good point, Addy! I covered the pond when they took out our 2 trees recently. There actually wasn't as much sawdust & stuff as I anticipated, and what was there was confined to the immediate area. But there were falling limbs & tree parts that landed on the tarp, so I'm glad I covered it!

Reaction score
Northern Germany 10kms from Danish border
Hello all
thanks for the posts and advice given.
I did cover the pond but the lads who felled the tree did a really great job and very little ended up on the cover.
It was sad to see it come down but on inspection of the trunks they were very rotten upto about half way up from the ground.
We have been able to get the good wood cut into planks so the tree will still be around for a good while yet as furniture ect.
The rest can go on the wood burner in a few years!
We are planning to replace the tree with some sort of Alpine variety.
I will post some photos end of the week.
Have a good day
Tim C

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yay so glad you were able to get the tree down without damage to the pond. Can't wait to see the before and after pictures. You have a great day also Tim C.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So you will be making furniture out of some of the tree? Very nice and can't wait to see the pix. An evergreen type tree like you said would be much better for that spot.

Reaction score
We had some very strong winds here a couple of weeks ago and took this tree. It hit the house lucky no damage. Sorry your tree has to go, they add so much to a property.

Ask a Question