Carrie's NEW Pond

We bought a house! Graduated from our 360 gallon rental house pond, and dug a 1500 gallon partially-above ground. Really excited to have this up and running!!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
C-Note submitted a new Showcase Item:

Carrie's NEW Pond

1500 gallon, partially-above grade pond. L-shaped (don't ever do that... it's a pain!!). So, 3' deep everywhere, 4' wide everywhere, the long part of the L is 13', and the shorter part is 8' long. Going to upgrade our old 2100 pressurized filter to a 3200. There are 2 stainless steel 24" wide waterfall spillways, one at each end of the L.

I planned the L-shaped design to wrap around our covered patio, making a perfect atmosphere for outdoor entertaining, and all-weather enjoyment of the pond. The location is convenient to the outdoor power sources, and makes for easy lawn maintenance. Looks really cool, but... lining an L-shape is a real pain. We did great with the seaming, however! 3" seam lining tape, primed, etc., then 6" wide cover tape over the seam for extra protection.

More pics to come, as we are moving our fish and filter today from the old rental house. The new tenants were kind enough to "babysit" for a month while we constructed this. Surprising, the February weather has hit 60+ degrees several times, so they are slowly coming out of winter-mode, which has made me nervous not being there for water testing and monitoring activity.

Read more about this showcase item here...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks good and what is going where the new blocks are being laid? Waterfall?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Looking very nice, looks like you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Looking forward to seeing it fully running

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Thanks!! @j.w , the "fresh" area is to house the filter. All up and running as of last night, but it got cold and dark. More pics soon!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat you got it all running! Always like to see more pix :)
I grew up in Seattle, Magnolia actually and went to Queen Anne High school which is not there anymore, then left home at 18 and continued moving north till I arrived up here in Arlington out in the sticks.
We love it up here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Looks fantastic. A lot of work. Glad everything is up and running. Can't wait to see more pics.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Looks good. Just started my own l shaped pond to wrap around our house. Been a bit of a nightmare to get the filtration right but we are getting there.

Ask a Question