Cascade ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our pond has been "completed" for around 2 and a half months now. We have a pump which leads out to a filter about 3 meters away from the pond, which feeds the water into a cascade back to the pond. Since I completed this i've never been fully satisfied and have now decided to re-design it. Does anyone here have a cascade who wouldn't mind sharing a few pictures as i'm after a little bit of inspiration as to how I can get this right.

Many thanks,

Matt

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
How about if you share pictures of your pond so we can see what you've already got?

Lilbitsoulshine

Linda aka: Lilbitsoulshine
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Our pond has been "completed" for around 2 and a half months now. We have a pump which leads out to a filter about 3 meters away from the pond, which feeds the water into a cascade back to the pond. Since I completed this i've never been fully satisfied and have now decided to re-design it. Does anyone here have a cascade who wouldn't mind sharing a few pictures as i'm after a little bit of inspiration as to how I can get this right.

Many thanks,

Here is what I've been working on all summer, my cascades and waterfall are kinda little....but I've never done anything like this before and just went with it.
20151001_175016.jpg

20150922_142341.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am just redoing my waterfall pond and it is a nightmare .I am hoping it will resolve the leak .What is it you want to do and how high do you to go .I put a filter tank back in the top and put it inside liner so if it ever leaks it runs back into the pond

Attachments

• pond leak or waterfall pond leak 013.JPG
    pond leak or waterfall pond leak 013.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 211
  • pond leak or waterfall pond leak 030.JPG
    pond leak or waterfall pond leak 030.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 223
  • rainy day landscape and pond leak 2015 022.JPG
    rainy day landscape and pond leak 2015 022.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 215
  • rainy day landscape and pond leak 2015 025.JPG
    rainy day landscape and pond leak 2015 025.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 252

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
i've never been fully satisfied
Matt, I think I redid my waterfall every year for the first 4 years. ;) What finally worked for me was providing a pool of water for the water to fall into. This prevented the water from splashing on a lot of rocks. I also narrowed the falls so there would be more water movement. And lastly I changed out the smaller rock for larger rocks.
waterfall (3).JPG

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States

Many thanks,

Matt

Some great photos of natural cascade waterfalls here-
https://www.google.com/search?q=cas...ChMInP6R6u-kyAIVT--ACh3uiwjs&biw=1023&bih=593

Find one that you like and copy it. That's how I get most of my installation ideas.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Thank you for the replies, sorry I haven't responded I have been away with work for the last few days. I have a feeling I will be in a similar position Cas, that picture is brilliant though :)
As soon as I have a picture of mine I will add it to the feed.
Thank you for the link Meyer I will take a look.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@cas Gave you some great ideas - a few sizable rocks make a bigger impact and look more natural than a bunch of little rocks. Small rocks in piles detract from your eye - all your brain sees is "rock rock rock" - and it's rare in nature that water would flow through small collections of rocks without forcing them all down stream. Natural waterfalls and cascades are formed from rocks that are too big for the water to move. Varying the width of your water flow at various points by strategic rock placement will create interest in your stream or falls. Study what nature does and mimic that - you'll get your most pleasing results that way!

Can't wait to see your photos! We're all itching for a good project! :)

Ask a Question