Christmas ornaments I made this year....

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've been having fun, playing with my imagination ( and a little polymer clay ).... Here are the ornaments I've made:

"Goldfish" was for an ornament swap -- which we should do on GPF next Christmas. HINT, HINT!
"Melted snowmen" are for nieces & nephews.
"Smiling green kitty cat" is for my brother and sister-in-law ( who've had a rough year dealing deaths and putting loved ones in nursing homes ).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Those are fabulous !! I love it when I get home made gifts, the recipients of those ornaments are going to cherish them for years.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Very cute, love them all : )

Might be fun for next Christmas. Maybe we can make all pond or fish related ornaments.

Of course, I'm not one much for making stuff. Not very crafty.
The melted snowmen were so easy to make -- there's not much to them and if you Google it, the instructions are simple. I play around with polymer clay, so I made my carrot-noses, coal-eyes & mouths, and tiny buttons with that. The scarves are just strips of poly-fleece that I cut fringe on both ends. For the ornaments that were for the nieces & nephews, I used plastic ornaments and glue the tops on. The one for a friend was glass.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Very cute TM. You are talented with that clay. I have made a few ornaments. I haven't played with clay but use paint.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just finished this one for my son -- the first one I've ever made for him. He's a "reindeer" fan, so we collect ornaments with that theme. Also, when he was little, his first stuffed toy was BAMBI, which feeds into the "deer" theme. So, this ornament has a double meaning: "Rudolph," with the red nose, and "Bambi," with the snowflake ( instead of a butterfly ) on his butt! I like snowflakes, so the switch was appropriate (plus, if you recall the movie, remember Bambi's initial reaction to snow....).

image.jpg

Oh, and FYI, 90% of my stuff is done using cookie cutter magic -- literally! I have a massive collection of all types & sizes of cutters. Even the goldfish on that ornament were done with cutters, and the "water" was made with an extruder -- I cheat!

Ask a Question