Cleaning tub ponds

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello everyone!
I have a filter but how often should our tub pond be cleaned. Since it is small just to help reduce the amonia levels? How often should water changes be done ect? Also can I add a pleco?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Change 20% water per week. With a suction hose, suck out the detritus that accumulates on the bottom.
When the pump output looks like it's slowing down, rinse out the sponge with some of the old pond water.
That container is too small for a pleco.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Okay thank you :)- I have a pleco in my tank inside for my betta- he won't be going in until we get a bigger pond and if we feel like it is needed. Are you able to make a sucktion hose?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How often should I feed? The goldfish still hide besides the black one. Will it be okay if I feed everyother day?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Feed maybe twice/week.
When I say suction hose, I'm talking about a regular piece of tubing, maybe 1/2" - 3/4" in diameter.
Your pleco needs water that's warmer than 15C. He's not suitable for an outdoor pond here in Canada.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How long does it take for the water to settle? I feel like I have been overfeeding. Thank you!

Ask a Question