Clinton Cash documentary...in case youre interested.

Reaction score
The jest of the documentary is that politicians (including the Clintons) are corrupt, nothing really new.

I must say that I find it quite humorous that the two most likely choices for next US president are Hillary and Trump. :LOL: Good luck with that. :whistle:

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Good stuff!

People should also go see... Hillary's America (https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=dinesh+d'souza+hillary's+america)

Quite astounding people think Hilary is not a crook... especially with how she conspired with the DNC to do everything so that Sanders could not get the nomination... according to WikiLeaks...

Those first few primaries... determined by coin tosses... and Sanders only won 1 out of 6 of the coin tosses... What?! How is that even possible? DNC determined it to be...

Quite astounding the Sanders people fond Hilary to be the better democrat representative...

...at the least there is one person out of this political race that has not done political shenanigans to make them self successful through out their life...

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Putin is just gonna love the new "stick my head in the sand - screw NATO" attitude. The Chinese are salivating over the South China Sea, the Filipinos are sweatin', that's for sure. The Japanese are getting a little antsy. The South Koreans are wondering what's up the other sleeve.

On the other hand, it should be a great time to buy cement stocks (Lafarge, St. Mary's. etc.). Wall construction takes a lot of cement. Better use the low-temperature mix for the wall with Canada (wonder if they'll build a tunnel or a bridge to Alaska?). Maybe it'll just be a cloverleaf around Vancouver Island? Would you wall Hawaii? Would the killing of NAFTA prevent the use of Canadian cement? Would Canadian electricity be banned from the northeast US?

Weird, one President brought down a wall, another wants to put one up.

Britain has changed leadership, the US will soon change leadership..........but good old China and Russia haven't changed a thing..............Hey, don't the Chinese have a wall? Didn't Russia have a wall?

Balls to the wall, that's the good old US of A. Out of those millions and millions of citizens, those two were the best that the nation had to offer up for leadership. Incredible.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
[QUOTE="morewater, post: 313585, member: 6326"A. Out of those millions and millions of citizens, those two were the best that the nation had to offer up for leadership. Incredible.[/QUOTE]

Nobody else WANTS to tackle that mess!
John

Reaction score
What amazes me is the amount of world wide news coverage there is on the election. The streaming devise I use allows me to pick up hundreds of news broadcasts. It seems like every news outlook I watch (whether or not they are speaking in English) are all showing clips from the conventions. Why?

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Since I'm not overly fond of either of your candidates, I haven't turned on the TV for about three weeks now! :eek:
John

morewater

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Case in point, Haro

BEIJING (Reuters) - China and Russia will hold "routine" naval exercises in the South China Sea in September, China's Defence Ministry said on Thursday, adding that the drills were aimed at strengthening their cooperation and were not aimed at any other country.

The exercises come at a time of heightened tension in the contested waters after an arbitration court in the Hague ruled this month that China did not have historic rights to the South China Sea and criticized its environmental destruction there.

China rejected the ruling and refused to participate in the case.

"This is a routine exercise between the two armed forces, aimed at strengthening the developing China-Russia strategic cooperative partnership," China's defense ministry spokesman Yang Yujun told a regular monthly news conference.

"The exercise is not directed against third parties."

China and Russia are veto-wielding members of the U.N. Security Council, and have held similar views on many major issues such as the crisis in Syria, putting them at odds with the United States and Western Europe.

Last year, they held joint military drills in the Sea of Japan and the Mediterranean.

China claims most of the South China Sea, through which more than $5 trillion of trade moves annually. Brunei, Malaysia, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam have rival claims.

China has repeatedly blamed the United States for stoking tension in the region through its military patrols, and of taking sides in the dispute.

The United States has sought to assert its right to freedom of navigation in the South China Sea with its patrols and denies taking sides in the territorial disputes.

Russia has been a strong backer of China's stance on the arbitration case, that was brought by the Philippines.

Yang said China and Russia were comprehensive strategic partners and had already held many exercises this year.

"These drills deepen mutual trust and expand cooperation, raise the ability to jointly deal with security threats, and benefit the maintenance of regional and global peace and stability," he said.

(Reporting by Ben Blanchard; Writing by John Ruwitch and Brenda Goh; Editing by Robert Birsel)

morewater

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
With China having effectively ignored the Hague ruling on the South China Sea, they've now teamed up with the Russians having "joint exercises". Now, Russia has some rather ambitious claims over the Arctic, as do Canada, the US and Denmark (through their dominion over Greenland). Will we next see Russian and Chinese icebreakers conducting "joint exercises" in the Arctic to asset their "sovereignty"?

Now, were Turkey to have been successfully "coup-ed", and have left NATO, that would have left the Russian Black Sea fleet complete and unfettered access to the Mediterranean.

I am skeptical that Russia, now that they're in Syria in strength, will leave Syria. They'll stay to bolster the current regime under the guise of battling ISIS.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Balls to the wall, that's the good old US of A. Out of those millions and millions of citizens, those two were the best that the nation had to offer up for leadership. Incredible.
It really is incredible isn't it. But it is a shinning example of why humans simply don't have the capacity to properly govern themselves.

I often imagine what a beautiful place this planet would be with out human influence. :rolleyes:

morewater

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I caught a couple minutes of each of the Republican and Democratic conventions and thought I was watching a SuperBowl half-time show.

Ask a Question