Country Flags

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've coded a plugin for the forum to show your country flag on the forums, just choose your country via the "personal details" menu option on the site : https://www.gardenpondforum.com/account/personal-details :D.

I hope this helps when it comes to providing location-specific information on the forums :). If required, I can add a hardiness zone option too.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've gone ahead and added the hardiness zone feature, along with some instructions :D. I hope that helps!

It has to be manually added as it's too complex to work on all the different types of zip/post codes - but it only takes a few clicks :).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I added my hardiness zone, that's a great interactive map, Ian. You can zoom right in to your location and there's a colour legend right beside the map that corresponds to what you're looking at.

Because of recent climate changes, our government has changed the hardiness zones somewhat and it looks to be reflected in the map that Ian has in the set up directions.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That does zoom you right in, per zip our zone is 6a, our house is in zone 6b

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I used to be zone 7 but now am zone 8a but then plant hardiness is still 7 so must be the difference between USDA map and plant one.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Yep I used to be zone 7 but now am zone 8a but then plant hardiness is still 7 so must be the difference between USDA map and plant one.
Should be the same zone. Are you looking at the latest USDA map?
For years, I was in zone 8, but the winters have gotten progressively warmer over the last 50 years so my zone has changed from 8 to 8b and now 9a.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looking at the maps Ian provided. I think I am 8b for USDA but why does it say below PlantMaps for our zip code is 7b?
Plant and USDA hardiness.png

USDA Plant maps for Washington, Arlington Hts 2012.png

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Well, I don't understand this either, j.w.. The USDA map IS a plant hardiness map and is all that I have ever seen or relied on. At one time there was a Heat tolerance plant map, but I am not sure that it still exists.

I am thinking that is a typo in your case. I random checked a few cities around the country and the USDA zone and the plant hardiness zone were the same in all cases.

Last edited:

Ask a Question