Curious Fish behavior

Reaction score
I just added my monthly winter microb lift packet and liquid.

Now as the water temp falls my fish usually are in the deepest part of my pond and just hover there all facing in the same direction. The package of microb lift dissolved and it is deposited on a shelve. I just looked out there and all the fish are all hovering around it again all facing in the same direction.

Anyone care to offer an explanation? I'm guessing there may be some heat generated as the micorb lift dissolves.

Thanks

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
First off, you may need to explain what a 'microb lift and liquid' is and what it's for or supposed to do. How big is your pond, (how many gallons)? How many fish? What kind of filtration?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It could be a biological reaction that is catching their attention, or maybe they think it is food? That usually catches my attention! It's hard to believe the bio lift would affect the temperature enough in a 2500 gallon pond to alter their behavior.

Reaction score
Can't disagree with any conjecture at this point.
When I referred to a temperature increase I meant just around the solid micro lift before it all dissolved.

Microbe lift for the winter I understand is cold water beneficial bacteria used to breaks down algae, reduce ammonia and nitrogen etc. to keep the water clear. It comes in liquid and a powder in a dissolvable clear packet. Each month I throw in about 16oz of the liquid and one packet of powder.

Food catches my attention too. Thanks

Ask a Question