Damaged pond pump cord

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
H E L P ! I am feeling so frustrated with myself. I guess it could have been much worse.....Anyhow, here's the lowdown.

I cut through the power cord of our practically brand new Tetrapond pump today. The pump feeds our UV sterilizer. It is a submersible pump.

Does anybody know if a power cord can be repaired so that it can safely be submerged? If not, can it be replaced? I hate the thought of having to replace the whole pump.

Thanks for any advice.

Sandy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
most times the whole pump needs to be replaced an electrician would charge you as much as you paid for the pump .Good thig it happened this time of the year because all the pond online places have big sales for this time of season .Even ebay has sales going on

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just looked and petsolutions have them on sale and so does dr foster and smith and ebay has them cheap and it depends on how many gph you need .I always use 2 pumps in my pond it is safer than one .At least you have back up .Harbor freight always has well priced pumps that work great .The one I have on my 2 u.v.s is a 450 gph pump from them that is nine years old .But remember look at power cord length and energy rating .

Ask a Question