Dave 54 was right

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Late last year I had what I thought 3 koi come down with carp pox after talking to Dav 54 he said that he didn't think it was pox and should check it out, after becoming a member of the bkks and resurch guess what Dave was right!! It wasn't the dreaded pox but wait for it it was cold water ick that attacks the koi in yes cold water fins tail and mouth that is why the growths dissapear in warmer water conditions, but in some cases the skin is so scared the grows do not dissapear after a scrap and a permanganate bath the koi are healing well and all doing good thanks Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome back mate hope your well , supposed to have had a heat proceedure last Tuesday now cancelled to this.
Spent yesterday prepping the filters for the summer months amd have one more to do next week and we are up and running , its so nice to be able to see the koi again .
Got a stunning ochiba from the sections annual grow and show competition you should check out mate, have you taken control of that string algae problem yet ?

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dave old mate good to be back I used clover leaf powder now its just a bad memory lol looking at extending pond and heating the koi filter room, so its all coming along, new 4 foot tall vortex this year and new sequence pumps hoping to win the bid on a super sieve iv got my eye on, and hoping to extend the pond roof and filter room so all the pond will be nice and warm this winter but nothing definite at this moment in time hope you and Val are ok

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like you've got alott on our own guy Jeff will be finishing all the cosmtic stuff during the summer and then we are all finished, then its add a few ornamments here and there on a bhuddist theme it should look good .
First off however is getting the supplies in [our next job] ,
Lost the parasol that covered the pond in the winds last year so thats another job , saw a nice oriental one last year at the garden centre we have the show at , if they still sell them we'll buy one.

Dave

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it is Big Lou sadly it appears that out of all the UK hospitals Plymouth is the one that is having problems at this moment in that there arent enough in the way of ICU beds I dont blame the hospital and what we are seeing is excessive us of the A+E [your Emergency] beds are being taken by pateints that arent plannned for and this government is due to auserity measures , is tightening the purse strings [way too tightly].
For each un planned admittal there has to be a spare bed, but often there isnt and as a result it has to knock on down the system thus proceedures get cancelled .
Thats Free at the point of Entry NHS doesnt cost a penny , it has its faults but it wont bankrupt you if your medical insurance couldnt cover it
As soon as we are adult we all pay national insurance it comes out of our wages we dont see it and that is what pays for things .
My proceedure is set for Tuesday the morning this week :happy:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I wont Big Lou that I promise you my friend , I'll be taking it easy for a few weeks till I know things went well :)

Dave

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
A+E? What does a hospital have to do with Arts and Entertainment??? :D
John

Ask a Question