• No

Votes: 79 85.9%
  • No, but looking to install one

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Whats a garden pond?

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I already have a pond that I dug myself. It has water lillies, floating 'lettuce,' iris on the edge, koi and frogs. I also constructed a little waterfall feature on the end.

Reaction score
I have a small pond that my husband put in for me. It came as a $50.00 kit from Walmart. I added a filter and a water fall, and now I've got a great place to unwind after work.

Reaction score
Wow, you have a pond that you paid $50 for except for the filter and waterfall? That sounds like an amazing deal. Was it hard to find a pump to fit your pond?

Reaction score
Yup 50 bucks, and my husband provided all the labor. :) I did pay over a hundred for the filter and about 50 for the pump, I got both of those on-line.

Reaction score
Here's one of my favorite's. It's from last year hench the water lettuce. Note the small frog.
000_0193.jpg

Reaction score
Water lettuce is a great floating plant, that really helps to keep the water clean. Unfortunately it became illegal this year to have it in CT.

Reaction score
I've had one I built myself about 12 years ago. Initially it was just to block the view of ugly pool motor & filter from my terrace but then I got into it. I doubt I've spent over $200. in all those years for everything. I overwinter a lot of plants, goldfish stay in year 'round, original Beckett filter/pump is still going strong. The biggest saving came from a friend who built a huge pond & had liner left over that I used. I added a small lotus bog next to it & a tiny, above-ground pond in a flower bed too. I love my ponds.

Reaction score
Technically I have three: small, smaller & smallest. Small is 2' deep & around 3' in circumference with a 2 foot waterfall & 2 goldfish. Smaller is 18" deep & 3' x 2' w/ gambusia. Smallest is 18" deep & 18" x 12" - also w/ gambusia.

Ask a Question