Does anyone have a Pondmaster Clearguard filter and Pondmaster Hybrid pump?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Tomorrow my Pondmaster Clearguard 8000UV filter and Pondmaster 7600gph hybrid pump will be delivered. UPS gets to me by the end of the day so I want to have all the hoses ready to go by the time it comes. I want to turn the 1.5" pump and filter hose ends into 2". In other words I want a 2" hose going from the pump to the filter and a 2" hose from the filter back to the pond. The flush(backwash) hose can stay 1.5". I dont care about that. What exactly do I need to turn the 1.5" fittings to accomodate the 2" hoses. Thanks in advance for the help if you have an answer..

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Unless you live near a pond pump supply store go to a hardware or plumbling supply store (ask for assistance) and the PVC couplings and adapters you need. Much easier than trying to explain the conversion here. Knowledgeable plumbing assistance is very important. Go to Lowes or Home Depot as a last resort. Ace Hardware is a great store. If all else fails I can write out the fittings needed because the stores may have adapter options that I am not aware of. Good luck.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
It would be much easier to have the pump in my possession already to bring it to a plumbing supply but Im trying to get everything prior to its arrival late tomorrow afternoon. By the time it comes going to a store will be too late and I want to have it up and running tomorrow nite. Trying to explain to someone at the store is kind of tough because I have no clue what the fittings that come on the pump look like

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
The rep for the company stated that the pump/filter with 2" hose works better...Dont ask me why it dont come with 2" adapters...

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I prefer to try new equipment earlier in the day, just incase something goes wrong overnight.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Big Lou, Wow. Thank you. It states some models come with the 2" adapter. Making an educated assumption im assuming the largest model which I have, the 7600gph would come with the 2" adapter. Only an assumption..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Not sure how long and high your tubing run is to the falls, but you DEFINITELY need 2" if you want your full 7600GPH output I would think. I run a little 1,300GPH pump and I can tell a difference from using 1" and 1-1/4" so I would think 2" minimum for that amount of flow and it's not good to create too much back pressure on a pump, especially a new one. going from 1.5" to 2" is not the problem, I would think the problem is trying to find 2" slip on fittings as the largest I have seen are 1.5" for Pools and sump pump hosing, but im sure they make them somewhere. If not, the PVC might be the only option :/

Ask a Question