Wanted Does anyone sell koi

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello, I'm looking for some koi. Is it possible to ship them? I live in Seabeck Wa, about an hour ferry ride from Seattle. Thank you

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Hello, I'm looking for some koi. Is it possible to ship them? I live in Seabeck Wa, about an hour ferry ride from Seattle. Thank you
Not sure if anyone is gonna sell any on here but I do know there are some outfits that do but be prepared for some massive prices as the ones I have seen that ship are mostly for "specialty koi" and not the everymans koi that I get for about 3 bucks each at the pet shop. ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
check your Craigslist! It's hard to ship live fish if you don't package them nicely and ship them out overnight. that's why the shipping's always so expensive for them (water's heavy!) so try local first.

Reaction score
I think I read in one of your other posts that your pond is only 500 gallons. The advice in the koi community is not to put koi in a pond under 1,000 gallons because they get so big.
Of course, a smaller pond could accommodate small young koi, but they grow fast and people tend to get attached to them, and sooner or later they'll outgrow the pond and you'll have to deal with them. However in many cases, they simply get too big for the pond and they end up producing more waste (ammonia) than the small pond filter system can deal with and they get sick and die, so the problem sort of takes care of itself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Mucky_Waters , is right about pond size....500 gallons will be too small. Next Day Koi, has Koi for reasonable prices and shipping.

I have only bought one koi that was shipped and it wasn't f rom Next Day Koi, but they are well reviewed and I know people who've bought from them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you for the replies. I'm learning already. My brother had sent me a beautiful butterfly koi from LA. I just loved it but with my small pond size I guess I will just stick with shabunkins. Thank you for the replies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I am wanting to sell about 10 koi varying in size.. Let me know if you're interested so I can send pics. They will be very reduced prices!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm also looking for koi nearby CA. I can buy or do a trade. I have car and truck accessories in good condition like fender flares and warn winch sitting in my garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have some but they would not be cheap

DSCF9178.JPG
DSCF9187.JPG
DSCF9178.JPG

Ask a Question