Drs Foster Smith charging sales tax?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Sooooo, Drs Foster Smith is having a sitewide sale for Memorial Day (10% off), so I thought I would take advantage and buy my new pond liner. I get to checkout and notice they are charging sales tax... hello extra $20 :grumpy: A quick google search shows that Petco bought them late last year.

Mixed feelings --- their liner is still the cheapest I have found with free shipping, but daaaaaaaaaang.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep saw that, darn, since amazon moved into baltimore a lot of net places are doing sales tax now, for maryland buyers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Yeah... I died a little inside when I saw that Amazon started charging sales tax last year. Boo hiss......

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They still have not hit us with sales tax .I wonder when that will happen .Have you checked ebay prices

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I check prices everywhere before I buy anything. Amazon, quite often, is the most expensive. Ebay varies a lot between the best deal to horrible. Same with all the online stores. Have to do your research.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep spent 3 months to find best deal on pumps and then lucked out on air pump .I was looking them up for price and bottom of page showed better deals on laguna one so grabbed it from wayfair free shipping no tax

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I was so disappointed when Petco purchased Fosters and Smith :( I hope their great customer service doesn't go down the tubes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
It's a 20 x 25 liner. I actually ended up buying it from pondliner.com -- I've purchased and gotten wonderful advice from them before, and was thrilled when they offered me a price break. Super happy camper over here!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm probably the minority but I don't mind paying state sales tax. The state I live in is better than 10 Billion in the hole. They have to fix it somehow and I prefer it to be sales tax over income tax.

Ask a Question