Duckweed

Reaction score
We have 2 very large ponds on our property that are completely covered with duckweed. Entirely too much to remove by hand. I am aware of the benefits of duckweed but it just looks awful. The ponds are there own sustaining ecosystems and we also own cattle that drink from the ponds and 2 dogs that go for daily swims. My question is, are there any organic or non toxic means of getting rid of this nuisance? I don't want to invest in Koi because I feel that with all of the birds, they wouldn't last very long. Is it even worth it to worry about? I've attached some photos so you can see what we're dealing with here lol. Sorry for the smudges on the lens.
DSCF1259.JPG
DSCF1260.JPG
DSCF1262.JPG
DSCF1264.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we call it fairy moss .I( know here they use bales of barley or the use bioverse balls in farm ponds

Reaction score
NBS RASK is an effective product that remove pond duckweed without affecting water ecosystem.
You can order it on their web-store with free delivery option.

Ask a Question