EVO55 Uv Filter

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi Folks,

I've had this UV filter for about 3 years and the light finally went out. When I went to unscrew the light to replace it water was gushing out. I'm assuming that's a bad thing but I have very little history with these units. Does that mean the glass sleeve is broken and/or are there any tests I should be performing on it?

Reaction score
It depends on where the water is coming from. If the bulb was wet then water would be getting inside of the quartz sleeve. Otherwise it could just be the water that runs on the outside of the sleeve and that would be normal. To get inside the sleeve it could be a simply a bad O ring. I'm not familiar with your model but the quartz tube must come out for cleaning. Take it out and see if it's broken.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
broken quartz sleeve or quartz not sealed. There is a new Mark III EVO out. It is much better than the old ones and even cheaper.
They now come in 5 sizes.
http://www.cascade-pond-supply.com/...zers-UV-Sterilizers-UV-Clarifiers-sc-500.html

Thanks for your help. I just placed an order on your site :)

Any idea what I can do with the old one? The connections are worn out and one even broke off inside. I fished out *pun intended* the little plastic pieces but it would need replacement plugs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Josh, Your new eEVo Will ship tomorrow. How old is the other one?
Bill

Ask a Question