exposed liner

Reaction score
Country
United States
My pond is 3 years old and I still have exposed liner because the rocks slide into the pond. Looking for a way to attach the stones to the liner. Any ideas?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had that issue in previous ponds. Finally dug down the edge to make a small shell under water to stack rocks on . They would be covered with water and above water totally hiding the liner. Some effort involved, redigging the edge to make the shallow shelf

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome. Do you have any pictures of your pond? I'm assuming it's a liner pond and not a pre-form, but if you could give us a little more information, that would be helpful. Most of us have had this problem [to one degree or another], so I'm sure you'll get a lot of suggestions.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I made little pockets out of screen to hold rocks at the edge. I have included some pictures. I use the pouches for both rocks and plants and it works really well.
Let us know what you decide to do and if you find another solution since a lot of us have had to deal with that issue.

24.JPG
21.JPG
21.JPG

22.JPG
23.JPG
27.JPG
30.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a neat idea! Post how you did it in the diy thread.
Call it pockets to hide liner edge or something like that.

Reaction score
You could try 100% silicone caulk. This is what is used to hold down granite counter tops so as long as it sticks to the rubber liner it should hold the rocks in place.If it doesn't all you have lost is about $6 dollars.

Ask a Question