EZ-PZ Pond Netting

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Last year's netting setup managed to loose a bunch of leaves into the pond as the net sagged under the weight and deposited leaves into the water. So this year I looked around and tried the PVC pipe solution. Works great!

Alot may have seen this, but if not here's a great way to make things look neater and, hopefully in my case, leave the net above the pond and leaves continually being blown off the net to elsewhere.

How to make:
1. Get some 10 ft lengths of 1/2" PVC pipe at Home Depot, Lowes or elsewhere
2. Buy some 1 or 2 foot small rebar "stakes"
3. Go to your pond. Determine fit of bent pipe across the width of the pond. If necessary cut the pipe so it fits (PVC pipe cutters are very helpful for this) with a bend that will keep the net above the water.
4 Place rebar stakes at each point where the bent pipe meets the ground. Obviously be careful of your lining.
5. Insert pipe over 8+" of your rebar stakes to hold the pipe in place.
6. Place netting over your pipes. Use twist or cable ties to hold in place, although that may not be necessary.

All in all it was about a 15 minute job for my pond.

net frame ir.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
been doing that for awhile .Shade fabric in the summer .Except I used old water line my well driller left behind .The pvc connectors work on it also .It is great for my veggie bed also .The black water line is a little sturdier so will go out farther than the pvc because you can cut it to the length you want

Attachments

• pond second lily flower 7-31-15 023.JPG
    pond second lily flower 7-31-15 023.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 100_5621.JPG
    100_5621.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 293
  • 100_5626.JPG
    100_5626.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 292

Ask a Question