Fake fish OK in pond?

migsly

Banned
Reaction score
I just bought a Dive 'N' Catch Fish Game for my fish for Christmas. :icon_mrgreen: I know they are made for swimming pools and humans but I just wonder if it's safe or will

a. the fake fish scare the heck out of the real fish
b. the fake fish bump into the real fish and hurt them
c. the fake fish provide hours of entertainment for the real fish
d. the fake fish keep the water aeriated (the pond has no pump or filter. I use a garden hose to flush it out)

I thought I'd put just ONE of the fake fish in the pond first. That might be all the real fish can take. lol. Then later add another then another. There are 4 of those fake fish in the package. That pond will really be hoppin' with them in there. lol.

Reaction score
I just bought a Dive 'N' Catch Fish Game for my fish for Christmas. :

I'm confused.

Are you somehow under the impression that your fish will swim around with little mesh bags to catch the fake fish? Dive N' Catch is a swimming game for people in pools, not fish in ponds.

If you toss the fish into your pond, they will sink. Since each artificial fish has a different weight, they'll sink at different speeds ... but once they're down on the bottom, they'll just be decorative debris.

Reaction score
How do you get by with no filtration or airation, circulation? The fake fish might fool the bird "once". I don't think you live fish will give the fake one much notice.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
With no filtration or circulation, your fish are swimming in a cesspool that will eventually kill them.

Reaction score
I just bought a Dive 'N' Catch Fish Game for my fish for Christmas. I know they are made for swimming pools and humans but I just wonder if it's safe or will

a. the fake fish scare the heck out of the real fish
b. the fake fish bump into the real fish and hurt them
c. the fake fish provide hours of entertainment for the real fish
d. the fake fish keep the water aeriated (the pond has no pump or filter. I use a garden hose to flush it out)

I thought I'd put just ONE of the fake fish in the pond first. That might be all the real fish can take. lol. Then later add another then another. There are 4 of those fake fish in the package. That pond will really be hoppin' with them in there. lol.

:banghead3:
Yeah your fake fish scares your real fish even also hurts it because it have no brain. Give no any entertainment for your fish and hope it will be drain because of your real fish malediction.

Ask a Question