Fancy Fish Heads to Cap Off Your Pond Design

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My nrw pond will hsve fish heads like these.

Attachments

• IM003989.jpg
    IM003989.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 323
  • IM003991.jpg
    IM003991.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IM004086.jpg
    IM004086.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 357
Reaction score
This is something I actually needed to see, as I'm going to have a new pond that is against a deck, and I'll need some higher wall like that. Do the heads spit out water, too? If so, how do you plumb these heads DoDad? Do you just run pipe up the inside of the wall? I could probably get away with going behind a wall since no one will see the back.

I plan on cladding my new pond with slate tile just like this one you show here, so this pond was nice to see. What are the capstones made out of?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Actually there is a 2" pipe inside the fish heads so there's really no water touching the fish heads. I'll check with him to see what he used for the capstones.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
It looks great Do Dad
When you turn the head on send another picture

Reaction score
i do see the pipe in the fish's mouth now that you mentioned it and took a closer look. Most interesting. I guess one could use anything that looks like this with an open hole and a pipe placed neatly inside. Hmm....this gives me ideas that I hadn't thought about. I was worried about where I'd put a waterfall since I'm building an above ground pond and I really don't have the room for one--but a few of these could easily take the place of a fall and give a real modern, ornamental feel.

I agree with the doc, I'd love to see these heads in action. Give us a video if you can get the owner to send you one DoDad. In fact, I'd love to see the whole pond in action.

Any word on filtration that was used on this pond and how/where it was set up. I love to see other people's piping and plumbing! LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here is a pic of his waterfall running.

Attachments

• fish heads2.jpg
    fish heads2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 343

Ask a Question