Fertilizing lily's

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just wondering what everyone feeds their pond lotus/lillies? What is the fertilizer brand/mix numbers that seems to work best?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
In the past I've used fertilizer tabs. Today I stopped at our fish hatchery to inquire about tabs, as I received lilies from Addy. I spoke with one of their experts and he said I could use Osamocote, provided I mixed it well into the planting media. I'm trying what Addy does, since she has such good luck...so bought plain kitty litter and oil pans at Walmart today. I mixed in Osamocote well and netted them with zip ties to hopefully keep the koi out!

Forgot to include why I wanted to use Osamocote...it lasts three months, as opposed to one month for the tabs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I actually have osamocote...hunny works in the spring at a greenhouse for our vegas spending money lol after his real job that is may try that. I watched a video with them using a clay/dirt mix and powder fertilizer...dont know what it was. Just wondering who uses what. I noticed my lily's are starting to put up leaves and I know they need to be repotted.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I used Pondcare aquatic plant food tablets 10-12-8 last year & it seemed to work nice. Just pushed 1 in with each lily once a month.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use the aquatic tabs too they are easier but on you tube the say miracle grow is better

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I let the osmocote do the main work, every now and then stick in a tab. Have a box of 1000 got from a forum person years ago, no clue on kind

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just reminded me to check status of my order from dr foster and smith .Lots of treats coming for doggies and fish .Also got new bottle of vitamins for fish .I can't get any thing around here any more unless i drive an hour down to Greensboro NC .Then no guarantee it is in stock .I buy osmocote also when i need granular .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
well of course our earl may has nothing for lily fertilizer tabs...nothing new there so just ordered some from ebay. Guess I'll just go out and split them up and repot them anyway and wait til next week to give them the tabs when they arrive. Argh this town I swear has nothing when you want it. I even called the lumber yards here in town to inquire on getting more 6' dog earred fencing pickets and both lumber yards were out! Guess I'll be doing another 90 mile round trip to Lincoln to get some from menards or home depot in the next week then!!! they should be coming up for sale for that matter at either one of these places here soon. Let alone the pickets here in town are almost 60 cents more just on regular price than they are at menards and home depot!

Ask a Question