First pond

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I have just stocked my new pond with four small koi and one goldfish. Pond is about 9ft x 5ft and 3ft deep with a 1ft shelf. I have pump and filter circulating water via a water feature. Can someone tell me roughly how many litres my pond is? Also any tips welcome. Thanks.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Some where in the vicinity of 3000 - 3200 Liters depending on the extent of the shelf. This is for a bare liner pond. A rocked pond would be considerably less.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Some where in the vicinity of 3000 - 3200 Liters depending on the extent of the shelf. This is for a bare liner pond. A rocked pond would be considerably less.
Thanks Meyer Jordan, it is a bare liner pond with a shelf about 1ft deep and 1 ft wide.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I wouu;d agree with meyer however coming from Ireland who do your messurements come under UK imperial gallons or US gallons ?

Dave

Reaction score
The next time you fill your pond measure the amount of water you are putting into it and keep this information handy since you will need it in the future. The easiest way to determine how many gallons you have is to time how long it takes to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Then time how long it takes to fill your pond. If it took 1 minute to fill a five gallon bucket and 5 minutes to fill your pond that would mean that your pond held 25 gallons of water.

Ask a Question