? for all you bog experts

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I was thinking I may want to add a bog area. My questions is there a way that you recommend for the design? What I would like to do is have a small stream which goes into the bog area then the bog overflow into a deeper area then back into my main pond. However doing it this way the water will be at top of the bog not coming up from the bottom. I think the only way is to do this is y the pump for the stream and bog. Any ideas?

The bog area I plan on is 18" deep the stream very shallow and the deep area about 3ft.

I am doing this more additional goldfish area for a few of my smaller fish and extra planting area.

Looking to hearing your thoughts

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I, in the past, had two small bogs, one was upflow that waterfalled down into a top flow. The top flow one was set up to have the water flow on top of the gravel, go down into the bottom and out of the mini bog. The top gravel got constantly mucked up I had to keep an eye on it stir up and clean, The bottom flow one never did that it just worked. I did have it set up to do a drain now and then, whiskey barrel bogs, tiny pond.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I, in the past, had two small bogs, one was upflow that waterfalled down into a top flow. The top flow one was set up to have the water flow on top of the gravel, go down into the bottom and out of the mini bog. The top gravel got constantly mucked up I had to keep an eye on it stir up and clean, The bottom flow one never did that it just worked. I did have it set up to do a drain now and then, whiskey barrel bogs, tiny pond.

Also, shape-wise, long is supposed to be more effective.

Ask a Question