Going out of town

Reaction score
This is my first time leaving my pond :( We will be away for 7 days.

I've cleaned all the filters, did a small water change. I've bagged up the daily amount of food for my parents to drop in for them (I'm terrified my Dad will over feed them!). There's fishing line over the pond to protect it from the birds.

Anything else?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
relax I am sure your parents won't let any thing happen to your babies ,enjoy your vacation

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Looks like you've got everything set.

I went on a couple 3-4 day camping trips last year. My main concern was feeding the fish, which I had my mom stop by and do a couple times (she loves the pond so no issues there), and I was worried about the pre-filter on the pump getting clogged, but it made it through just fine.

Reaction score
My biggest worry is my Dad getting out of hand with the food. He is notorious for that and without me to here to stop him ....... He says they look so hungry they always eat. Lol!

Reaction score
OMG HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE BIGGEST MOST IMPORTANT STEP IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!????

Breathe and enjoy your vacation!!!, fish can last a VERY long time without food. :p

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Have lots of fun and eat lots of junk and go on all the dizzy rides and watch out for the people above cuz what comes out is what comes down.
An umbrella might be wise :rolleyes:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Enjoy! your fish will be fine. We leave our all of the time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You will be fine, I went to Florida during the winter this year. All was good. Go have a great time. One thing you could do in the future is install a camera so you can see your pond while your away. I installed cameras for my wife's horses so while away we can view them in the barn and outside on her phone or computer. I am in the process of doing something like that for the pond but have not decided on what yet. I did it all wireless, the barn is about 300ft away from the house, so no need to run wires.

HAVE FUN :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We love being able to monitor our property via our phone or internet. I have caught a few issues with the pond that our neighbor was able to fix for us, it would have been a disaster if she had not.

Ask a Question