Government screwing me over my largest pond...

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Just got my lanbd survey and taxes and turns out they are going to count my pond as a pool and therefor tax me more because it is over 1200 gallons... The cretin system never lets up....

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Ponds may be viewed differently than in-ground swimming pools. Supposedly, according to U.S. News and World Report, "you can usually expect an in-ground pool to increase your property value by 6 to 11 percent." As @tbendl points out, depending on the market, water features may have the opposite effect on property values. I think they are wrongly assessing your pond as a swimming pool. I would consider appealing their survey, Marshall.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Hmmm I would debate that. I thought the trend was that ponds actually decrease the value of a property?
It has more to do with the value it adds to the rescue which although it is non profit it has a value.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Ponds may be viewed differently than in-ground swimming pools. Supposedly, according to U.S. News and World Report, "you can usually expect an in-ground pool to increase your property value by 6 to 11 percent." As @tbendl points out, depending on the market, water features may have the opposite effect on property values. I think they are wrongly assessing your pond as a swimming pool. I would consider appealing their survey, Marshall.
I would like to but because it is a two tier property Private/Business it is under a seperate set of regulations so I am just gonna pay the extra and charge it to the game

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
That sucks!
Sure does but I guess I would do about anything for the turtles if I can afford to and are able. Same for my koi and other hybrid fish ;)

Ask a Question