Greetings From Pennsylvania

Reaction score
Howdy,

I began my adventure into garden ponds last spring. I received a rigid pond liner from a neighbor who was moving from a rented home. I had all good intentions, but my yard was very rocky, and even with some buildup, I couldn't make the pond set well enough to put it into play. I tend to procrastinate, and well I left that hole in the 'dug' state for about 2 weeks, walking past it and shaking my head. I was going to do something else with that 'hole' if I couldn't get the rigid liner in, but didn't know what.

Oddly, the very next week, a town neighboring mine had it's yearly yard sale event. Literally 200 yard sales in a little town, so after adventuring threw 50 or so yards checking out all the yard sale offerings, and noticing several ponds tucked into corners of yards... I realized how much nicer ponds are that are kinda... unusual shaped, and I definitely loved the lined ponds best by far.

So it wasn't with much debate, or even thought at that point... when I picked up that 20x50 sheet of pond lining at a yard sale, with a nice little sump pump style pump for $20 I couldn't resist. It was a good experience because I had something in common with this nice gentleman, we both procrastinated and had holes in our back yards. His wife insisted he put a rigid pond in, so his hole was awaiting a rigid liner. We dickered like 2 old friends for decades... nah... In reality I ran home for the rigid liner that his wife loved, and took a pond liner and pump home in trade.

That pond has become my focal point for the yard. Later in the summer I built a box with the help of a relative, and placed an above ground rigid liner into the box. This year I hope to put a third in, but am starting to have some health issues, so we'll have to see what happens. But I very much enjoy my ponds, they are a very relaxing pastime for me.

pond2.jpg

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time with us. I am sorry to hear about your health issues....we all get them at some point in time. Hoping you will get past yours promptly.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and ponds can be very relaxing and help even with some health issues also .I have noticed since i have been here that several of the nursing homes here have ponds and gardens because they feel they help people there relax and enjoy there time outside .I love ponding and hubby has health issues also but finds it relaxing to sit by the pond and feed the fish.By the way love your heart rock

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Aiden
Neat idea for a preform and nice pond in your avatar. I'd like to see more of it :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! nice ponds you have there.

Ask a Question