Has anyone tried this re-make of the Aqua Clear?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
A while back I was searching for a good HOB filter for my indoor goldfish tank. Many of you recommended the Fluval/Aqua Clear filter.

The company has come up with a new design and I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet? I watched the video and it does look easier to maintain than the original. Actually, I don't know how long this version has been out [maybe for years], but it's my first time to see it.

https://www.amazon.com/Fluval-14003...1475070742&sr=1-1&keywords=Fluval+filter&th=1

image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
When I was setting up my 125 gal discus tank I was researching HOB vs canister vs sump. The discus site I belong to most favor Fluval Aqua Clear for HOB filtration. I ended up going with a sump so I can't give you an opinion.

Reaction score
When I was setting up my 125 gal discus tank I was researching HOB vs canister vs sump. The discus site I belong to most favor Fluval Aqua Clear for HOB filtration. I ended up going with a sump so I can't give you an opinion.
What do you have with the sump? W/d? Foam?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
What do you have with the sump? W/d? Foam?
I used left over Matala pads from my pond . I plan on adding a Purigen reactor because my tap water has low levels of nitrates. Swiss tropical foam is the pads used by majority of the members on Simply discus forum. So far my ammonia and nitrites are testing at 0 ppm. With 50 % WC 3x/ week the nitrates are between 10-15 ppm.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I know little of Aquarium equipment, but this filter appears to be efficient if used correctly.
This is a re-design of an existing product. I bought the original but decided I needed something larger. So, when I looked it up to order the next up size, I saw this version. This one actually looks easier to maintain than the original. I've ordered one, so we'll see......

Ask a Question