hello from IA

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
New member here. :)

I've been interested in ponds for quite some time, as my neighbors have one and I'm very much into gardening, nature, and have always kept fish tanks.

I'm also a scout leader, and my son is earning the gardening merit badge. One of the requirements is to keep a water garden. He has paid for and done the work himself, which makes me proud of him though I now am getting an aquatic itch.

I thought I'd join up so that any questions that arise can be asked.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a - Arlington, VA
Welcome. It takes great will power to resist an itch. Good luck!

Better yet, jump right in. The water's fine!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and sounds like your son has a good head on his shoulders .I guess he will do good at getting that merit badge .I think you will enjoy the water garden just as much as him .Congrats on one great son :)but I am sure you know that

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
wow so many fellow Scouters! I started as his Tiger cub den leader and was the pack committee chair until he crossed over this spring. He just passed his board of review for Tenderfoot. I'm now an ASM for the troop and have stayed on as a committee member/advisor for the pack until my younger son joins in a year. then I'll do it all over again. :)

Thanks all for the welcome. We are already started to day dream of a larger pond next year, but I'm content for now to watch and help him with this one.

Ask a Question