Hello from St.John's, Newfoundland...

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Steve and I live in St.John's, Newfoundland, Canada. I have been keeping fish for going on 30 years now and and I have had fish ponds for most of that time. I started off collecting fancy goldfish but for the past 15 years or so it has pretty much been single tailed goldfish. I started getting into Koi about 8 or 9 years ago and into Japanese Koi only last year. Looking forward to having a look around and meeting some new people.

Steve

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Welcome to the forums, Steve. And all this time I thought the only fish on The Rock were salt cod! :D
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
swinging.gif
to our group!

Amy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Welcome! I am new here myself. The people hear seem very nice and helpful. I think you'll like it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Steve and Welcome from Plymouth in the UK is that Fort St John where you live Steve ?... if so I have a long term internet friend who lives there and keeps koi .
It might be nice for her and her hubby to know they are not alone evr thought of forming a koi keepers Society

Dave

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Steve, welcome to the forums :).

Reaction score
Hi Steve and Welcome from Plymouth in the UK is that Fort St John where you live Steve ?... if so I have a long term internet friend who lives there and keeps koi .
It might be nice for her and her hubby to know they are not alone evr thought of forming a koi keepers Society

Dave

Hi Dave, Thanks for the overseas welcome.

I live in St.John's, Newfoundland, were actually not that far apart(in relative terms of course). Newfoundland is an island on the east coast of Canada. The most eastern point in North America is just a few miles from my house.

As far as a Koi keepers society is concerned, it would be a dream come true. There is certainly enough interest locally, it just needs someone to organize it. So before someone jumps in and says "why not me" I just don't have the time. I work 6 1//2 days a week and a lot of nights. I barely get time to look after my fish. Maybe someday when work is not so hectic.

Steve

Ask a Question