Help please!!!

marktastic

Koi meets World
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I was foolish and neglected to put a net over our pond. If course a crane crane by and injured one of our biggest koi and the rest have been out of sight for three days so I don't know what our headcount is. I'm hoping the crane just got the one, who is now in shock and swimming very slowly on his side when we could see him. Is there anything I can do to help them become comfortable again or ease the shock? Of course there is now a net protecting them... any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Sorry about the crane, time is your best friend, they will come around. It will take a few days but they will be fine. The one on its side my be another sorry depending on the injuries from the crane.

marktastic

Koi meets World
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The injuries were relatively minor. They weren't bleeding and they seemed to just be superficial. Fingers crossed. They don't come up to feed so maybe I should stop feeding them for a while?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The injuries were relatively minor. They weren't bleeding and they seemed to just be superficial. Fingers crossed. They don't come up to feed so maybe I should stop feeding them for a while?
Yes if they are not eating then stop for a bit so the food does not sink and possibly cause water issues.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have a QT fasility you could hold him and a companion koi in fo a few days to let him settle .
With cranes and Herons a wound not bleeding doest rule out that there is internal tissue damege , I say this because we went out to pick up a sanke from a dealers when we got there and checked our fish out it had a hole right through it caused by the herons beak , much to say it was a no sale as the sanke was damaged and the dealer had a reputation to look after .
Some months later we went down again and bought a different sanke

Dave

Ask a Question