Hey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hello to all you garden pond and koi/goldfish keepers. I'm from eastern KY and currently have 3 ponds; a 1800 gal. garden pond where I keep my water plants and a few comets; an 8500 gal. koi pond (12x20x5) where I keep my koi; and a 300 gal. QT tank. I've been ponding for at lease 25 years and have been keeping fish for 50 years. Hope to be able to learn from all of you and if possible share some of my experience. Thanks for having me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome, I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio. You certainly have a nice sized koi pond!
I lived in Goshen for 4 years before moving back to the Columbus area (Delaware). Retired from there to TX and moved here to Eastern KY 3 years ago to be near family.

My big pond is not quit finished yet. It's been a work in progress for 2 years and is part of a 20 x 40 swimming pool. The pool needed work and I wanted a Koi pond, thus the conversion. Still working to finish my filter pit.

If you have any nice Koi for rehoming I'd love to be included. I be dividing my lilies and pond plants pretty soon if you need any thing let me know. I have a brother that lives near Cincinnati and visit him occasionally. Could meet when I do.

Thanks for you comments.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Darn, I just re-homed about 25 koi born last summer!! My pond is only 1700 gallons, so couldn't keep them. I currently have four adult koi, but may add one this summer.

Did you ever visit Jones Fish Hatchery when you lived in Goshen?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Darn, I just re-homed about 25 koi born last summer!! My pond is only 1700 gallons, so couldn't keep them. I currently have four adult koi, but may add one this summer.

Did you ever visit Jones Fish Hatchery when you lived in Goshen?
No, didn't even know it was there. Is it still there? Do they have Koi? Have you gotten anything from them? Most of the fish hatcheries don't sell to general public is why I ask. Thanks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and I think once addicted to ponds you can't get away from it .I see more and more changing pools to ponds .Less to maintain than a pool at least to me it is .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Welcome, Don. I second/third the request for pics. We love pics of ponds in progress, too, and how you did each step along the way. Sometimes, later, someone will ask how you did a specific step,and then you can show them pics and describe it in detail. So, take lots of pics along the way!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum Don looking forwards to learning my friend as you well know we never stop learning in our hobby welcome aboard my friend

Dave

Ask a Question