Holy cow, 10,000 gph is a lot of water

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
So after dicking around with trying to find 3" and 2" fittings, I finally got the river flowing. Please excuse the dirty water but That should be clear be the am.

Attachments

• 1409190133046.jpg
    1409190133046.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 340

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Love the look, came out looking really nice, However, you mention using 2" connections. If so your reducing your flow rate. I run a 10,000gph pump, just with 3" pipe, 28 feet of pipe length and a head of just shy of 3 feet my flow rate went from what was suppose to 10,000 gph to 8,125 gph. Now that it's been running for almost two years I would be surprised if I am pushing 7,500 gallons per hour. Looking at your flow, I would say your not for off from that either. Your flow looks about right for your stream bed, I like that effect but it still doesn't look like a full 10,000 gph, Did you run wide sweep 90 degree elbows or the short sweep? How long of pipe run, and what kind of pump. I can tell you this, If your running a Anjon 10,000 gph submersible pump, be ready, I think they have the flow rate and the electricity usage rate backwards. because that thing uses a lot of electricity and not the flow rate I was expecting. My two 4500 gph external pumps out preform the submersible by a long shot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Love the look, came out looking really nice, However, you mention using 2" connections. If so your reducing your flow rate. I run a 10,000gph pump, just with 3" pipe, 28 feet of pipe length and a head of just shy of 3 feet my flow rate went from what was suppose to 10,000 gph to 8,125 gph. Now that it's been running for almost two years I would be surprised if I am pushing 7,500 gallons per hour. Looking at your flow, I would say your not for off from that either. Your flow looks about right for your stream bed, I like that effect but it still doesn't look like a full 10,000 gph, Did you run wide sweep 90 degree elbows or the short sweep? How long of pipe run, and what kind of pump. I can tell you this, If your running a Anjon 10,000 gph submersible pump, be ready, I think they have the flow rate and the electricity usage rate backwards. because that thing uses a lot of electricity and not the flow rate I was expecting. My two 4500 gph external pumps out preform the submersible by a long shot.

Thank you. I'm actually a plumber and I know the 2 inch pvc isn't flowing 10,000 gph lo. I guess i should have said the the pump is 10,000 gph. I know I'm going to have to increase the pipe to 3 inch bit digging up the 2 inch from the river bed is definitely going to be a major pita. I'm not sure if I need and more flow but we'll have to see how this grows on me. As you know these ponds are always a wip.

Reaction score
Really like that long stream.

Finding 3" barb fittings for the spiral PVC pond hose I bought for my pond project was harder than I thought.

Now finding big enough double-wire hose clamps that are reccomended for that hose is even tougher. The 3" clamps I got off amazon only open-up to 3-1/4", not quite big enough, I need 3-1/2".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
1409239901788.jpg
Went from very murky from disturbing everything to crystal clear in less then 12 hrs just from having the lower pond as my filter. Amazing.

Ask a Question