How do you upload a video to the forum?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Easy, click on the symbol that looks like film strip overlapping another film strip, it is on the right side of the button you use to upload a picture. Just copy your URL from, YouTube, vimeo, Facebook etc . Then just paste the url with that button.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

Videos's can't be directly uploaded to the site (for both technical and storage size reasons), however if you upload the video to one of these upload sites then you can just paste in the link to the video, and it will automatically appear: (Dailymotion; Facebook; Liveleak; Metacafe; Vimeo; YouTube;). I'd suggest YouTube for ease :)

edit: Just saw(e-mail address removed)'s reply - beaten to it :D.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Easy, click on the symbol that looks like film strip overlapping another film strip, it is on the right side of the button you use to upload a picture. Just copy your URL from, YouTube, vimeo, Facebook etc . Then just paste the url with that button.

Actually, you don't even need to click the media button, you can just paste the link to the video directly in the comment and once you post, it's a video.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Some good news! It looks like the next version of the gallery software has a way to upload videos - it's not yet out, but it will only be a couple of months away at most I'd guess :).

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put mine on you tube and just transfer them over here by right click share left clicking copy and then left click paste

Ask a Question