Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I got a letter yesterday from an anonymous sender who was thanking me for putting my time and effort towards the turtle rescue and especially for providing education and information links on the website. This forum was specifically mentioned as one of the resources that I endorse that the sender said they find useful and reliable. The best part is that they donated $1,000 to the rescue and pledged a monthly donation of $250 per month. The $1,000 came right on time because I have just recently upgraded all my indoor terrariums and hatchling tanks which cost around $3,500 out of my own pocket because I don't solicit for donations and don't charge any mandatory fee for adoption. The $250 will be a big help each month also to help cover food and medications which are a huge part of overhead expense. Anyway I wanted to say thanks to the forum and to all of the members for always providing advise and answers every time I have asked. A special thank you to the following members as well who have specifically helped me out and who I count among friends
@Dave 54 @Mmathis @bettasngoldfish @Big Lou @Jersey_Marine @Nepen @addy1 @sissy @haver79 @tbendl @Meyer Jordan @MitchM

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Great that you are getting help and that turtles are being saved because you are dedicated to them and there health

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Congratulations!!! You are doing great things, and I glad someone could help out!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Did any one see ponddiggers guy who has done turtle rescue for 38 years .His set up is tanks and Marshalls is a pond ,So to me marshalls is a lot better for the healthy and care of the turtles ,more natural

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Did any one see ponddiggers guy who has done turtle rescue for 38 years .His set up is tanks and Marshalls is a pond ,So to me marshalls is a lot better for the healthy and care of the turtles ,more natural
Not sure if I know who that is but, yes I have two ponds that I have a lot of my turtles in as well as indoor terrariums for the ones who need or prefer that environment. I personally do not use aquariums like most people do because the dimensions are not suited to the way semi-aquatic turtles swim and explore. The terrariums I make for my turtles are usually 3 to 4 feet square and about 2 feet deep to give plenty of water and above water (basking) space. I go to great lengths to provide climate control to replicate their exact native habitat such as temperature, humidity, water makeup and lighting (UV-B for tropics, swamp or forest).

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ponddigger uploaded a you tube of his set up after i asked him about turtle rescue .Well actually 2 video's

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
to me yours is a thousand percent better and guessing maybe he does not have the room for a pond maybe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Marshall theres no need to thank us we do it out of the love of the hobby as do many others , we'll done with the donaation it'll come in handy (y)

Dave

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
to me yours is a thousand percent better and guessing maybe he does not have the room for a pond maybe

This guy is what I call a "turtle farmer" or running a "turtle assembly line" It could be much worse and I am not saying I think he is wrong but you could not pay me enough money to run a setup like that because I am too focused on the details and individual needs of each turtle in my care.. He is probably just breeding these guys for numbers to sell and does not seem to be too concerned with any individual needs. Hopefully they go to good homes and I am not saying it is "bad" what he does but I would never do it and would not even consider keeping any of my turtles in an environment like that setup. I personally use terrariums for indoor turtles because although aquariums can work they are not nearly as good as a terrarium setup. Terrariums might look like an aquarium but they are much different. Terrariums are much more square instead of rectangular so the turtles have the same amount of space in any direction. I also have several of my own inventions I use such as humidity control, multi-temp interior (cool on one side of terrarium warm on the other) and I also filter the water with a bio-filter & UV-Sterilizer. The air flowing into the terrarium is also filtered through a HEPA filter that cleans and distributes the air to all the terrariums. The turtles favorite invention is the water current systems I built that allows the water to move at different speeds and directions based on the depth of the water and they love to swim in the currents and also are lazy and will let the current carry them around inside the enclosure.

PS: I moved Atlas into his own private 70 gallon terrarium (images below) and he is doing really well so far and has made a complete turn around since he came into the rescue because at first he was lethargic and skittish but now he is eating and will swim right up to my hand if I put in in the water.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I left a link to ponddigger for your sight awhile back when you first posted it and he said he could not access it but said the new link worked

Ask a Question