i havent downloaded this yet..but it may be helpful

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
safe_image.php

Pond Care Tips for Summer - Free eBook
Download our guide containing over 30 pages of expert advice gathered from more than 100 pond store owners, koi champions, and pond care professionals!
Download
nualgiponds.com|By Nualgi Ponds

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Out of the five (5) professionals that contributed to this publication, four (4) of them are located in Ontario, Canada. The information provided is focused on the environmental conditions prevalent in that geographical area and does not give an accurate picture of issues that may arise in summer months affecting ponds located at lower latitudes, which incidentally, would be the majority of ponds. The fifth professional is manufacturer of pond treatments and can hardly be expected to be objective as any comment is certainly product driven.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Out of the five (5) professionals that contributed to this publication, four (4) of them are located in Ontario, Canada. The information provided is focused on the environmental conditions prevalent in that geographical area and does not give an accurate picture of issues that may arise in summer months affecting ponds located at lower latitudes, which incidentally, would be the majority of ponds. The fifth professional is manufacturer of pond treatments and can hardly be expected to be objective as any comment is certainly product driven.
I find myself agreeing wholeheartedly with Meyer on this

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I even asked pond digger Eric about this product and he was not really gung ho on the product .But you never know since new stuff comes out every day .They sure seem to be hitting the market head first ,here and now Canada .I guess time will tell if it is really what they say or another fad product .I have been watching there progress as a company and the spread of there name .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I get their sponsored posts on my Facebook page and from the comments it appears people either think this is the greatest product on the planet or it does nothing at all - some even claim it makes the problem worse- which is definitely interesting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I even asked pond digger Eric about this product and he was not really gung ho on the product .But you never know since new stuff comes out every day .They sure seem to be hitting the market head first ,here and now Canada .I guess time will tell if it is really what they say or another fad product .I have been watching there progress as a company and the spread of there name .
Thats the poblem when it comes to people in the trade, our nearest shop used to stock the Pond Care range of foods their koi foor was fantastic stuff that produced very little in the way of waste, sadly for some reason the shop dropped this food for the tetra range which does the same job but at near double the price .
This year we specially orderd in NTLabs koi professional range which we know retails at £24.90 UK but when it arrived stung us £35.90 UK thats a whole lot more than we thought it should have cost us and make our loyalty to that shop now rather questionable .
I mean to have this price difference out with the owner next time I see him , if I see him again should I say !!!!.......

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I see that naulgi is opening in other countries also and yep I get there posts on facebook also and seems they even have a couple of ads on tv .That is the main reason I wait to say a product is good or not Lisak1 ,I don't want to make up my mind to fast until I see what it really is like.I know I did a heat pump review on you tube but said i would do follow ups and i did ,bad and good .Same here Dave seems that pond stores are dropping like flies and the ones that handle stuff I like have raised there prices unreasonably .I don't mind paying a little more, but They are pushing the limits .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
My earlier initial comment in this thread was aimed at the publication, not the product.
As far as Nualgi is concerned, like any pond treatment, good or bad, it is not going to have the exact same results in every pond...too many variables. I can make a couple of important observations after investigating Nualgi:
1) It is a biologically based product, not chemical.
2) It is really nothing more than a bottle of diatoms (a form of algae). Diatoms are much more voracious and competitive for nutrients than other algae. It literally eats the nutrients in the water faster than other algae, thus depriving the nuisance algae of food.
3) As with all algae treatments, once the nutrients levels are reduced the nuisance algae dies, decomposes and releases the nutrients back into the water column where the cycle starts all over again. With Nualgi, not only are you left with still dealing with the high nutrient levels that initially caused the nuisance algae, but now you have the added nutrients being released into the water column by the dying and decomposing Nualgi diatoms. You have actually, under the guise of eliminating a problem, actually made it worse. This is why once you start using this product (like all oher algaecides) you must keep using it periodically. Eventually water quality is noticeably affected and other action is required. It is much simpler (and cheaper) to monitor and control the amount of nutrients that are added to the water column.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think we have all wondered about miracles in a bottle Meyer .Getting good and bad feedback is better for people to judge and thinking some of those people who first wrote in about the success of the product in there ponds should do back up feedback months later to report back on what has happened and how long they have been using it .Maybe we will start seeing you tube videos pop up on the product good and bad ,I think you had posted this before when the product was first posted on here and it helped make up my mind.A big NO on me buying it .So thank you meyer .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I think that everyone is aware of my opinions of any 'pond treatment', but if one insists on using an algaecide, this would be the product that I recommend only because there are no chemical side-effects..

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I have to disagree with you on one point, Meyer; Nualgi is not a bottle of diatoms, but a bottle of micro-nutrients for diatoms, which already exist in the pond. Thus, there are no living organisms in the bottle. As I stated a month ago, I've registered the garden center where I work as a distributor for this product, and am testing it on my own pond, trying to keep an open mind. I started dosing the pond on Monday, July 13. At that time the water was so murky that fish had to be in the top 4" to be visible. Treatment was repeated on July 20 with no change in the water clarity, and again on July 27. Two days after this dosing, I could see fish on the bottom of the pond (24") and a day later I could see pebbles lying on the bottom. I have seen similar results in the past, where the pond cleared over the course of a few days WITHOUT any intervention from me, so I'm not saying that the product worked. I will, however, keep dosing at the recommended rate every Monday morning and keep track of water conditions. I also have two customers testing on their ponds, and will see what develops. Also, for what it's worth, I have never used ANY chemical/treatment/remedy/whatever in my pond, and only used a UV unit about three times in ten years to clear up green water.
John

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have to disagree with you on one point, Meyer; Nualgi is not a bottle of diatoms, but a bottle of micro-nutrients for diatoms, which already exist in the pond. Thus, there are no living organisms in the bottle. As I stated a month ago, I've registered the garden center where I work as a distributor for this product, and am testing it on my own pond, trying to keep an open mind. I started dosing the pond on Monday, July 13. At that time the water was so murky that fish had to be in the top 4" to be visible. Treatment was repeated on July 20 with no change in the water clarity, and again on July 27. Two days after this dosing, I could see fish on the bottom of the pond (24") and a day later I could see pebbles lying on the bottom. I have seen similar results in the past, where the pond cleared over the course of a few days WITHOUT any intervention from me, so I'm not saying that the product worked. I will, however, keep dosing at the recommended rate every Monday morning and keep track of water conditions. I also have two customers testing on their ponds, and will see what develops. Also, for what it's worth, I have never used ANY chemical/treatment/remedy/whatever in my pond, and only used a UV unit about three times in ten years to clear up green water.
John

I stand corrected. I was evidently misinformed in an email that I received from the Nualgi rep some time ago.
That point is really not important. What is important is that continuous use of this product, like all other algaecides, is required to maintain the desired results. You also supported my claim that the use of this product increases the pond's existing nutrient load. "Nualgi is not a bottle of diatoms, but a bottle of micro-nutrients for diatoms, which already exist in the pond."
If one is determined to use a treatment for problem algae, then Nualgi is by far the best choice, but there are other more permanent and less intrusive remedies available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bikmann

Latest Threads