I want to go here

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I'm going back to visit my family in Thailand next month so I've been planning my trip like crazy. Sadly I dont have a lot of time because I couldnt take my son out of school for too long. (crap, that's a reminder to get educational excuse!!!!)

Here's one place I consider, it's a huge lake on a dam in central Thailand... and see what they have!!!!

Picture from the internet - http://2g.pantip.com/cafe/blueplanet/topic/E11366275/E11366275.html
E11366275-19.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
yea since I didnt get to go last year and my grand father is not doing so well i want to go this year.

I'm going to the beach and then i'm going to the river...

here's the place i'm going (central Thailand) http://theforrestresort.com/

The one in the first pic is way too expensive lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My nephew took a trip to Thailand last spring - he said it was beautiful! Happy to hear you get to return. And while I agree school is so important, a trip like this will be an education in itself for your son!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
@Lisak1 The teachers are very supportive and will send some work home so Sam can keep up. I think it's just the Public school rule about attendant that they have to follow that's the pain.... I dont want to go to Thailand in April or our summer as April is the hottest time of the year (40 C!!!) and our summer is Thailand raining season.... not a good time to go... so I want to go during cooler months but school's not out and the end of December everything's triple in price....

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
So I'm going back to visit my family in Thailand next month so I've been planning my trip like crazy. Sadly I dont have a lot of time because I couldnt take my son out of school for too long. (crap, that's a reminder to get educational excuse!!!!)

Here's one place I consider, it's a huge lake on a dam in central Thailand... and see what they have!!!!

Picture from the internet - http://2g.pantip.com/cafe/blueplanet/topic/E11366275/E11366275.html
View attachment 86834

Sorta 'shoots down' everything you ever read about fish load and stocking rates!!:cautious:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The public schools have the rules they do because the federal government has rules that dictate how much money they get. We have to report our attendance weekly to the government and our federal payout (which, by the way, is money the state sent to the feds in the first place!) gets doled out based on our attendance every week. So they just need to report your son as excused and not just absent without cause. Understandable. But what a great opportunity for him! Maybe he can do some homework that would relate to his trip?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sorta 'shoots down' everything you ever read about fish load and stocking rates!!:cautious:
HAHA I think their 'pond' use net for the sides (so basically just in the lake) so they get to enjoy the whole 'lake' benefit in the confine of their little pond :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The public schools have the rules they do because the federal government has rules that dictate how much money they get. We have to report our attendance weekly to the government and our federal payout (which, by the way, is money the state sent to the feds in the first place!) gets doled out based on our attendance every week. So they just need to report your son as excused and not just absent without cause. Understandable. But what a great opportunity for him! Maybe he can do some homework that would relate to his trip?
yea i understand and I dont mind.. just a little dissapoint we couldnt go for longer (with the flights cost and how long it takes to get there I wish we could be there for longer!

And yes the teacher will send homework with him :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
Do take pictures, for most of us the closest we will ever come to seeing places is through others that can go
Hope you have a great time

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks @AJ1500 I sure will take lots of pictures :) This is the first in 10 years that my husband will be back there with me and I'm pretty happy/excited about it. Going alone (with child) was nice in someway but not as fun when going to places.... the only thing is with him with me we will be moving all the time and less time with my extended family. Good thing my immediate family understand and they sometime come visit so that's not a big deal.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Actually reading some more and they said that that fish 'pond' sides are metal net (used just normal net and the big fish got in an eat hundreds of Koi so they now use metal net)

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Yes the school thing is very important. Years ago my parents took me to Germany for three months, the first one was at the end of my freshman year in high school and I missed taking my finals, therefore had 0 credits for my first year in H/S. I spent the next year catching up, it was very hard for me as a teenager, but those three months in Europe were more educational than anything I'd have learned in a classroom.

Ask a Question