addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is the view we love, our wall fish tank, really the pond. They where showing off today.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Love the videos, addy; must be nice to have. I was wondering though, and correct me if I've been reading wrong, but if you're in Florida (now or a lot), who's taking care of your pond? That is, are you auto feeding them and if so, how? With so many fish, I imagine you go through the feed.

Michael

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That's a lot of variaty in there, short fin, long fin, fantail. sarassa, shubunkin, white brown, black and red. That's pretty cool, love watching your video's.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your fish are so cool to watch addy and the water is clear as a bell. Tons of different varieties and bet you never get tired of watching that tv reality show :razz:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Wow, and I thought my pond was heavily stocked! I think you have more fish in those pictures than I have in my whole pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love the videos, addy; must be nice to have. I was wondering though, and correct me if I've been reading wrong, but if you're in Florida (now or a lot), who's taking care of your pond? That is, are you auto feeding them and if so, how? With so many fish, I imagine you go through the feed.
Michael

If we are gone for a long time, ie weeks, my neighbor loves to go over and toss in a hand full of food now and then. I have not even gone trough a 10 lb bag this summer, maybe 2 lbs or so, the rest is in the freezer so it keeps the nutrient level up. I am feeding them some high dollar koi food that I won, it actually does seem to keep the poop level down. (pure casual observation no science behind this statement...........my disclaimer!) They do not get fed heavily, but also they spawn a lot and love to eat the eggs as caviar.

The pond does not really need any care. I can leave it for a long time and not worry about it. The pump leaf basket barely gets debris in it, the skimmer if it fills, the pump draws from the other plumbing. I watch the pond over the net so if we see something going bad I call my neighbor and walk her through fixing it.

We have a hose feeding the pond on a sprinkler electric timer, It puts in 1/2 hour of water a day, needed or not lol, when it is hot as we have been, the bog plants and stream suck water out of the pond. The 1/2 hour fill keeps it at a perfect level with some running out via the over flow if not needed. ie it rains

We go to florida a lot, my honey gets itchy feet and wants to go go go lol, also his parents are up there in age, we have nurses taking care of them. But we make a trip every 6 weeks or so to check in on them.

Wow, and I thought my pond was heavily stocked! I think you have more fish in those pictures than I have in my whole pond.

lol shdwdrgn, there is still a lot of water room, for more fish, that is just one small part of the pond . I did a still picture count, well tried to, over winter when they are sort of frozen in place, last winter we counted between 150-200. I have not seen a bunch of little ones so they are doing a good job of eating eggs.

We do seem to have gotten a good variety of colors, shapes, sizes, fins going Fishin, love the variety.

Ask a Question