Is Rubber Pond Liner Just Roofing

Reaction score
Happened to look out on the roof of our building at work and low and behold, it's covered with my rubber pond liner. The same exact material with the same dot matrix numbers along to seams every so often.

Wonder what pricing structure is from the commercial roofing supply and how it compares with pondliner.com??:wink:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Firestone EPDM roofing is the same as EPDM liner for ponds.
Home Depot sells it for $10.50 ft in 15' widths.

Reaction score
On Dr. Dave's advice I've searched Home Depot for EPDM liner and on their website, but I have only found the Beckett 20 mil vinyal PVC product at Home Depot. Has anyone else had any success finding it there? Does anyone know the best alternative (price wise) source for ordering EPDM 45 mil liner and underlayment in the southern CA area.

Thanks,

Andy in Burbank, CA

Reaction score
The 20 mil will tear so easy its not funny. Tetra makes a new woven thin lightweight liner but its very expensive. The 45 mil EPDM liner / roofing is still the best price for the quality. Try Kingofponds.com or justliner.com for decent liner prices.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. So far the best price delivered I've found is at bestnest.com, but I will try the two places you have suggested.:banghead3:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Home Depot carries it in their Garden Department. They may not offer it on the E Commerce web site. It is $10.50 a foot in 15' widths, so a 10 X 15 would be $105.00.

Reaction score
respectfully Dr Dave I hear you, but not in my local Home Depot or on their website. Which HD are you finding it at?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Well, since my location is Escondido, that is my local store and they do have 50' rolls of it.

Your local Home Depot can go into their computer and tell you what store nearby my have it and how much is in inventory.

Next trip there I will get the SKU# and post it here. Send me a PM and I will remember who to send it to.

Reaction score
Thanks DrDave! Will do... By the way are there plans on this website to build a bio filter. I just got 2 55 gal plastic barrels and I want to make a filter for my new pond. Which section should I look in?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
No not yet, but if you search bio here you will find many photos. Also, google skippy filter and don't pay any attention to their claim that 55 gal drums don't work. The principle is the same.

Reaction score
Thanks, I saw your pictures on building the 55 gal bio filter in the Pond Const. & Equip forum. Very cool. What size pipe is that. Should it be the same size as pump outlet and hose size?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
The inlet is based on the outlet size of the 1180GPH pump and it feeds a 3/4" PVC pipe inlet to the bio filter. The outlet overflow should be 2".

Ask a Question